DNACA’s 26th Annual Juried Multimedia Exhibition
Thursday Nov. 16, 2017 through Thursday Jan. 18, 2018 ~ Del Norte County Courthouse
Eligibility: All northern California and southern Oregon artists.
1. Only media that are easily hung may be entered; size limit is 40 inches on any side, including frame.
2. Submitted work(s) must have been completed in the last two (2) years.
3. No more than two (2) works per artist may be submitted.
4. No group work or class work may be submitted. All fine art pieces must be originals, not prints or giclées.
5. No work can be accepted that has been previously shown in one of DNACA’s Juried Multimedia Exhibitions.
6. Submitted items must be dry, suitably framed (if applicable) and wired ahead of time for hanging. The
hanging apparatus needs to be picture wire suitable for the weight of the piece mounted on the back, stretched
fairly tightly between two eye screws on either side of the frame or work.
7. A label with the artist’s name, address, phone number, title, and medium needs to be placed on the
back of each work.
8. Submission of artworks to this show constitutes an agreement to all the conditions set forth in this prospectus
and the entry form (see attached), including permission to reproduce the artworks for publicity purposes.
9. No art will be released before the breakdown of the exhibit after the reception, i.e. before 6 p.m. on Jan. 18th
Entry Fees & Registration:
1.The nonrefundable fee is $10 per entry.
2.The time and day for submitting entry forms and fees is with the artwork: 5:15 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday
Commissions: A 25% commission is required from the artist on any sales during or resulting from this show.
Checks should be made payable to DNACA. Thank you!
1. For the purposes of this show, all media shall be judged against each other in the same general category.
2. The show will be juried and judged by two professional artists of varying media from Curry, Del Norte
and/or Humboldt counties, who are independent from our organization.
3. Modest cash awards (commensurate with the number of entries) and ribbons will be given for first, second,
and third places. Up to five (5) honorable mentions may also be given, at the discretion of the judges.
Delivery/Pick up of the Artwork:
1. Artwork, along with your entry forms and fees, should be delivered between 5:15 p.m. and 6 p.m. on
Thursday November 16, 2017 to the Del Norte County Courthouse, 450 H St in Crescent City. Alternative
arrangements may be made by calling Steph at the DNACA office in advance: 707-464-1336.
2. Artists whose pieces have not been selected to be in the show will be notified by telephone or via e-mail by
the following workday, at which time pick up arrangements should be made. (Artists may not pick up work
3. All items juried into the show must remain up for the duration of the exhibit and its reception, until 6 p.m.
on Thursday January 18, 2018.
Reception: There will be a public potluck reception honoring the artists from 5-6 p.m. on Thursday January
18, 2018 in the Del Norte County Courthouse, at which time ribbons and awards will be distributed.
Participating artists are asked to bring food donations and please invite your family and friends to the event.
Questions? Call 707-464-1336 or email Executive Director Stephanie Wenning at firstname.lastname@example.org
DNACA’s 26th Annual Juried Multimedia Exhibition
Art in Public Places in the Del Norte County Courthouse Hold Harmless and
The Artist shall save, keep, and hold harmless the Del Norte County Superior Court and the Del Norte
Association for Cultural Awareness as well as their officers, agents, employees, and volunteers from all
damages, costs, or expenses in law or equity that may at any time arise or be set up because of damages to
property or personal injury received by reason of or in the course of performing work which may be occasioned
by any willful or negligent act or omissions of the Artist. The Court and DNACA will not be held liable for any
loss or damage to the art works while they are in the Courthouse, from any cause.
Artist’s Name _________________________________
Email Address ________________________________
Full Mailing Address ________________________________________________________________________
Phone Numbers (wk) _____________________
If you do not wish to have your phone number given out to the public, please check here _____
Show: DNACA’s 26th Annual Juried Multimedia Exhibition Dates: 11/16/17-01/18/18
Art Works List
Title of Piece - Medium - Price - Value If NFS
By signing below, I also understand that all my works, including sold item, must remain up at the
Courthouse until the show and reception’s conclusion at 6 p.m. on Thursday January 18, 2018 (except by
express permission—in advance—from Stephanie Wenning at DNACA 707-464-1336.
Artist’s Signature _____________________________________