Tasteful Textures and Classy Collage Workshop with Tom Moody
Curry Arts is sponsoring another free workshop on Saturday, August 2nd, 9 am to 2 pm, at the Curry County Extension Service Center at the Fairgrounds in Gold Beach. Brookings artist Tom Moody will show you how to make fabulous creations from stencils, old jewelry and pieces of stuff you might find in your junk drawer. Make a picture frame or cover a memory book or simply start your next painting with some interesting textures.
Tom is a painter and his work is very unique and creative. He won the people's choice award for his painting in the 2013 Azalea Festival and displays his art in galleries in Brookings. Tom can also be found online at Wild Rivers Coast Art.
Bring a sack lunch or snack. Coffee and tea provided.
To sign up for this workshop, call Sharon Guinn at 541-425-1213 or email her at sharon email@example.com. There is room enough for 20 students with a minimum of ten to have the workshop. Art should be fun and expand your creativity...this class will do just that!
Tom's list of supplies you will need:
1. A journal, box, book, or canvas for the base to be decorated.
2. Some stencils for the first layer.
3. Molding paste, medium or heavy gel.
4. Heat gun.
5. Items to glue to the base unit such as jewelry, bottle caps, buttons, metal or plastic flowers, lace, ribbon, small junk, etc. ;different kinds of ephemera.
6. Glue to hold items to the base unit. Medium or heavy gel can be used in place of glue.
7. Black acrylic paint or any color acrylic paint if you want to experiment.
8. Paint brushes.
9. Water container (cup or jar or whatever) to thin paint, clean brushes, etc.
10. Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Paint (comes in various colors so pick a color that goes with your base color; use your best guess).
11. Spray Fixative (or have the finish come off on your hands or things you don't want paint on).
Needed supplies can be purchased at Creating Lasting Memories scrapbook store in Brookings (a couple doors down from the Redwood Theater) and at Wright's Custom Framing and Art Supplies in Brookings.