The 2014 America's Wild Rivers Coast
WINE, ART AND MUSIC FESTIVAL (WAM)
wants your artwork.
The Gold Beach Chamber of Commerce has started the planning and design for the 2014 America’s Wild Rivers Coast Wine, Art and Music Festival (WAM). They need to know: How Can They Get More Artists to Participate in This Event?
First, the Chamber added cash awards to entice artists. Second, in past years, the artists have complained about having their work hung upstairs in Docia Sweet Hall, away from the main action. This year the Chamber tried moving the art to the Forestry Building with our local Arch Rock brewery so patrons didn’t have to climb stairs to enjoy the show. Those changes did not get artists excited about displaying their work.
The Chamber needs feedback:
1. Should the event be moved from the middle of May?
2. What would be better dates for this festival?
3. Are the cash awards not enough of an enticement?
4. What could motivate more artists to turn out? Ribbons?
5. Is there a way to integrate the artwork with the wine vendors to enhance the festival experience for wineries, artists, and patrons?
6. No art show, just art vendors like other art festivals?
Curry Arts has agreed to monitor your responses, so please email your thoughts to email@example.com or post them to P.O. Box 399, Gold Beach 97444. We will record and pass your ideas on to the Chamber.
The Gold Beach Chamber of Commerce WAM Planners are meeting monthly and encourage anyone interested to join them for their monthly WAM meetings on the third Tuesday of every month at 4:30 pm at the GoldRush Center Chamber office.