Cultural Coalition Awards Grants
CURRY COUNTY, OREGON – Members of the Curry County Cultural Coalition (CCCC) recently awarded grants totaling $7,431 to eleven organizations whose projects most closely fit the goals and guidelines of the Oregon Cultural Trust (OCT) and the CCCC.
The 2013 award recipients are:
- Stagelights Musical Arts Community, music in the classroom for fourth grade students at Kalmiopsis Elementary School, $490
- Port Orford Main Street Revitalization Association, restoration of Main Street murals, $1,000
- Ellensburg Theater Company, replacement of theater light and sound board, $1,000
- Southern Oregon Kite Festival, Young Poets’ Contest, $300
- Chetco Historical Memorial Project, construction of benches at the memorial site, $700
- Port Orford Library Foundation, A Trip Around the World children’s enrichment program, $825
- Pelican Bay Arts Association, summer art camp for kids and youth art activity for Festival of Art, $569
- Curry/Del Norte Orchestra Guild, purchase of portable podium for the conductor, $817
- Port Orford Arts Council, Poetry Roundup, $200
- Friends of the Langlois Public Library, Southwest Oregon Record digitization project, $730
- Azalea Middle School, outdoor mural project, $800
OCT funds are generated through direct donations, the sales of Cultural Heritage license plates, and individual state tax credits. One third of the money that the OCT grants each year is distributed among 45 county and tribal cultural coalitions, based on population. These autonomous coalitions set their own priorities and re-grant OCT funds within their jurisdictions. The Curry County Cultural Coalition reviews applications annually and awards grants to groups that fulfill the OCT mission of increasing public participation in Oregon culture, giving priority to first-time applicants. For information, visit the Curry County Cultural Coalition website at www.curryccc.org.